Issues of race, gender, equity and social injustice dominated the headlines in 2020. They also dominated the conversation at FTI Consulting.
Enhancing diversity, inclusion and belonging at FTI Consulting has the full support of the firm’s senior leadership, not only because it is an important social goal, but because it is the right thing to do for our people, our business, our clients and our communities. More diverse teams better reflect our clients and communities and enable us to bring to bear unique viewpoints and experiences to help clients address their most complex challenges and opportunities.
Through various initiatives, we are creating a work environment that is safe and inclusive for all employees, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. We recognize that we will not get to that point overnight; it is a multiyear journey that requires everyone working towards a common goal.
FTI Consulting’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Journey
Over the last several years, FTI Consulting has broadly expanded its diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Launched FTI Consulting’s Women’s Initiative (“FTI WIN”)
- Launched FTI Consulting’s Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Network in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (“EMEA”)
- Launched Global Diversity Ambassador Program
- Launched FTI Consulting’s Pride Network
- Signed The Pact for FTI Consulting
- President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Gunby became a signatory of the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge
- Established a Nominating, Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility Committee at the Board level that oversees FTI Consulting’s environmental, social and governance strategy and performance
- Introduced our action plan to turbocharge the firm’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging initiatives, centered around four pillars:
- Reinvigorate our efforts to support, promote and retain diverse talent
- Double-down on efforts to attract diverse talent
- Leverage our expertise to help the world more broadly
- Keep the dialogue alive
- Created, hired and assimilated Global Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging team to accelerate efforts globally
- Built out leadership accountability for the firm’s Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging goals by incorporating them into the quarterly strategy reviews led by President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Gunby, as well as our business segment leaders
- Realized the firmwide goal of 100 female Senior Managing Directors, an increase of 15% compared to 2019
- Achieved 50/50 gender balance in university and graduate hiring, and 15% of university and graduate hires represented underrepresented minorities
- Increased hiring of Black professionals by 43% in the United States and 70% in the United Kingdom compared to 2019
- Increased hiring of Asian professionals by 36% in the United States compared to 2019
2021 & Beyond
New targets and goals to hold ourselves accountable:
- Reach 165 female Senior Managing Directors by 2025, an increase of 65% compared to 2020
- Reach 120 underrepresented Senior Managing Directors by 2025, representing a more than doubling of underrepresented Senior Managing Directors compared to 2020
- Extend our 50/50 balanced hiring target from the campus and graduate level to include Consultant and Senior Consultant levels